1. Who is Naval Ravikant?
Naval Ravikant is an Indian-born American entrepreneur and investor who co-founded the venture capital firm AngelList. How Naval Ravikant Become so rich through his successful ventures and businesses. Let’s know about it.
He also has investments in more than 60 companies, including Twitter, Uber, OpenTable and many more. He is also the co-founder of several startups, most notably AngelList. Angellist company is nearly $4.2 billion in valuation as of 2022.
Naval Ravikant is one of the modern leading angel investors and tech entrepreneurs of this era.
Through his wicked and smart intellect, he uses social media to influence how to become rich and create systems to live a happy and peaceful life. He is a profound investor with a very powerful investment portfolio with around 121 investments in companies as a venture capitalist.
2. What is his background?
Naval was born in India and moved to the United States when he was seven. He graduated from Dartmouth College with a degree in Computer Science.
3. What are his major accomplishments?
In addition to co-founding AngelList, Naval is also a major investor in some of the world’s most successful tech companies. He was an early investor in Twitter, Uber, and OpenTable. He’s also been involved with startups like Rapportive (Acq: LinkedIn), Epinions (Acq: eBay), and Human (Acq: Tinder/IAC).
4. What are his thoughts on investing?
Naval said, “the key to being a great investor is to find great entrepreneurs and help them.” He also believes that “the best investments are usually the ones you don’t make,” and that “it’s better to be lucky than smart.” This mindset is the reason why Naval Ravikant becomes rich.
5. What are his thoughts on success?
Naval has said that “success is a function of consistently applying the correct level of effort,” and that “there is no substitute for hard work.” He also believes that “the biggest barrier to success is fear of failure.”
6. What companies has he founded?
Some of the companies he has founded include Epinions, which was acquired by eBay, and AngelList, which is a website for startups and investors.
7. What are some of his notable investments?
He has made investments in companies like Twitter, Uber, and Postmates.
8. What is his philosophy?
Naval has spoken about his philosophy on life and business, which includes thinking for oneself, building connections with others, and creating value.
9. What are some of his famous quotes?
Some of his famous quotes include “You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with” and ” Luck is when preparation meets opportunity.”
10. What books has he written?
He has not written any books as of now but another author named Eric Jorgenson wrote The Almanack of Naval Ravikant as the naval’s success guidebook.
The Almanack of Naval Ravikant is a book about how to live a life of happiness, success, and meaning.
(Recommended by Naval) The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment is a book about how to achieve inner peace and enlightenment through meditation and mindfulness.
~ How did Naval Ravikant become so Rich?
1. As already explained earlier, he was an early investor in several startups, including Twitter, AngelList, and OpenGov, which have all gone on to be very successful.
3. He co-founded and is the CEO of AngelList, a popular website for startups and investors.
4. He was an early investor in Uber, which is now worth over $60 billion. This was one of the moments when Naval Ravikant become rich.
5. He has investments in several other companies, including23andMe, Affirm, graphic (now part of Amazon), and Docker.
6. He’s a prolific angel investor and has made over 100 investments in companies such as Alibaba, AppDirect, Calm.com, Wanelo, BrightCI (now part of Google), Evernote, OkCupid (now part of Match Group), and Rackspace.
7. In 2013, he founded Naval Ventures, a venture capital firm with over $100 million under management.
8. He’s also a part of OpenGov, which provides software to help government entities manage their finances and operations more efficiently.
9. In 2017, he launched Human Ventures, a startup studio that helps people launch companies in various industries such as health care, food delivery, and education.
10. He was born in India but moved to the United States when he was seven.
11. He attended Stanford University and dropped out after two years to start his first company, Epinions.
12. Epinions was acquired by eBay for $620 million in 2003.
13. After the sale of Epinions, Ravikant co-founded AngelList, a platform for startups to connect with investors.
14. AngelList has helped over 7,000 companies raise over $1 billion in funding.
15. In 2013, Ravikant co-founded Companion, a social media platform for pets that was later acquired by Rover.com.
16. Ravikant is a strong believer in the power of technology to decentralize power and create opportunities for people all over the world.
17. He is a big proponent of universal basic income and has said that it will be necessary for the future as automation increasingly eliminates jobs.”
~ Some key personality traits and insights on Naval Ravikant that you can follow to become smart and rich like him -:
1. He started young.
2. He was very strategic in his businesses.
3. He always made sure to have a solid business plan.
4. He took calculated risks.
5. He was very passionate about what he did.
6. He always wanted to be the best at what he did.
7. He was always willing to work hard.
8. He surrounds himself with like-minded individuals.
9. He was constantly learning and evolving.
10. He took advantage of opportunities that presented themselves.
11. He was always networking and making connections.
12. He was always generous with his time and knowledge
13. Naval has said that he thinks real estate is currently undervalued
14. He’s a big fan of index investing and refers to it as the “lazy person’s way to get rich”
15. Ravikant has spoken about how important it is to have multiple streams of income
16. He’s a big believer in the power of compound interest.
~ Major Traits of Naval Ravikant.
Learn and apply in your own life –
1. The art of self-reliance –
Naval Ravikant is a firm believer in the power of self-reliance. He often says that the most important thing you can do is to develop your skills and knowledge so that you can rely on yourself.
This is a great trait to have in today’s world, where everything is constantly changing and it’s hard to know who or what to trust.
2. The power of focus –
Naval Ravikant is known for his ability to focus intensely on whatever he is working on. He has said that this trait has been essential to his success. If you can learn to focus like Naval, you will be able to achieve great things in your life.
3. The importance of relationships –
Naval Ravikant has said that one of the most important things in life is to develop strong relationships with others. He believes that these relationships will help you in all areas of your life, including your career and business ventures.
4. How to become a self-made millionaire
Naval Ravikant is a self-made millionaire who knows how to make his money work for him. He also knows how to be frugal, lives below his means, and invests in himself.
By following his lead, you can learn how to become a self-made millionaire too and learn how Naval Ravikant become this rich.
5. The importance of being an independent thinker
Naval Ravikant is an independent thinker who isn’t afraid to go against the grain. He knows that being different is what makes you special and that conformity is overrated. If you want to be successful, you should follow his lead and think for yourself.
6. How to build a successful business
Naval Ravikant is a successful entrepreneur who has built multiple businesses from scratch. He knows what it takes to identify a profitable opportunity, create a compelling value proposition, and execute it flawlessly. If you want to build a successful business, you should learn from his example.
7. Self-belief –
Naval Ravikant is a firm believer in himself and his abilities. This has allowed him to achieve great things in his career.
8. Drive and determination –
Naval Ravikant is always striving to improve and learn new things. This has helped him to become a successful entrepreneur.
9. Focus and discipline –
Naval Ravikant can focus on his goals and stay disciplined in his work. This has helped him to build successful businesses.
— Some of the simple yet very effective learnings from personality traits and useful nuggets from Naval Ravikant -:
- Get rich slowly – “Get rich slow” is one of Naval Ravikant’s most famous pieces of advice. The basic idea is that you should focus on building wealth over time, rather than trying to get rich quickly. This advice is particularly relevant in today’s economy, where it can be difficult to find good investment opportunities.
- Don’t be a hamster on a wheel – Naval Ravikant has also said that you shouldn’t work hard just for the sake of working hard. He believes that you should only work on things that are meaningful to you and that will actually make you happy. This is good advice for anyone who feels like they’re stuck in a rut.
- Be patient – One of the most important things that Naval Ravikant teaches is patience. He believes that success takes time and that you shouldn’t expect overnight results. This is valuable advice for anyone who is feeling impatient or frustrated with their current situation.